top of page

What do I need to prove to be an I134A sponsor?

After the implementation of the new program that allows Cuban, Venezuelan, Haitian and Nicaraguan citizens to request parole; the office has received different calls to help them with the request for the procedure. One of the most common questions is whether the person who is going to make the request has the necessary means to be a sponsor. In today's blog we are going to explain what it takes to be a sponsor of the I134a parole application.

In order to be a sponsor of the I134a application, the first requirement is to be in the United States. This sponsorship request cannot be made from outside the United States.

The second requirement is that the sponsor is a US citizen, permanent resident or is in the United States under an immigration status. People who are in the country irregularly, will not be able to sponsor people for the I134a.

The third and last requirement, and perhaps the one that people have the most doubts about, is that the person who sponsors must have sufficient means to support and house the immigrant they intend to sponsor. Although the new rule does not establish a specific amount of money that the sponsor must earn, or a specific amount that the sponsor must possess, as it does for the Affidavits of Support of family petitions; it is a good idea for the person who intends to sponsor to consult with an immigration lawyer, so that they can inform you if based on your income and assets, you can or cannot sponsor, and the number of people that could be your beneficiaries.

As a way to prove income, bank account statements could be submitted, both checking and savings accounts, payment slips, any way to prove sources of income, copies of home ownership titles, vehicles (if you have more than one), employer letters, company foundation documents, in the case of being business owners, personal assets, or company assets, among others. The previous list is not exhaustive, and the presentation of these documents will require certain requirements, in order for them to be accepted by USCIS. For this reason, it is recommended that you contact an immigration lawyer so that he or she can advise you on the documents and the requirements for presenting the documents before the administrative entity.

If you need assistance with the preparation and filing of Form I134a with USCIS, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our firm is ready to assist you in your immigration process. The first consultation is free. At Y. Morejon Attorney, P.A. Your problem is our problem.

Legal Disclaimer

Any information made available by the lawyer or law firm is for educational purposes only, as well as to give you general information and general understanding of the law, NOT to provide specific advice. This does NOT create a relationship attorney-client between you and Y. Morejon Attorney, P.A. This information should NOT be use as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.

2 views0 comments


bottom of page